Lecturer - Computer Unit
I. General Information
Name of host institution
Milton Margai College of Education and Technology (MMCET)
Address of host institution
Goderich Campus, Freetown
Name and email address of focal point in host institution
Christian Abu Sandy
Background information about host institution
MMCET had undergone tremendous transformation since its establishment. It started as a teacher training department and now a polytechnic to a level of granting degree, diplomas’ and certificate in all disciplines.
For more information link the institution on www.mmcet.edu.sl
II. Position Information
Organizational unit/ Department
Computer unit (math/computer department)
Duration of assignment
To be determined by the host institution
Name and email address of supervisor
Christian Abu Sandy
III. Objectives of Assignment
- Reviewing curriculum (improve standard)
- Training of staff (staff capacity build up)
- Develop staff strength and productivity
- The use of modern techniques in lesson delivery
IV. Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Main tasks include:
- Teaching and examining student
- Research and publication/innovative supervision
- Community service to maintain the image of the institution
- Team staff for training /workshop
- The use of modern equipment or procedures as instructor
- Any other duties assigned by administration
Assist the institution in soliciting necessary aid (instructional materials) to the serving unit/department.
The resource person is expected to demonstrate the following competencies
- Coordinate staff & students activities
- Establish links between staff and students
- Participate in staff capacity training
- Facilitate teaching by the use of modern technique & ICT
- Ability to work as a team and bring in innovative or meaningful contribution.
- Commitment to assignments.
- Act as mentor & role model
- Computer laboratory management ethic.
- Utilisation of modern equipment in science and engineering
- Proper use of reviewed curriculum
- Knowledgeable in research work for publication
- Guide students in relation to career path.
- Effective computer practical classes and monitoring.
VI. Education and Experience
- A master degree from a recognised tertiary institution
- Outstanding first degree from a recognised tertiary institution
- Professional training from repeatable tertiary institution
- Had practice his/her area of specialty for a number of years.