I. General Information
Name of host institution
Ministry of Public Health
Address of host institution
Great Masood Square , Wazir Akbar Khan , Kabul-Afghanistan
Name and email address of focal point in host institution
Jamalnaser Sarwary: email@example.com
Background information about host institution
The purpose of the IT Department is to plan, design, develop and maintain the MoPH’s information technology infrastructure, in alignment with the MoPH’s strategic objectives. Functions include, but are not limited to, information technology planning and evaluation, purchasing, hardware and software installation, providing ongoing user support and training, implementing management standards and policies and procedures related to information technology processes, and providing for network and information security.
II. Position Information
Organizational unit/ Department
MoPH/ IT Directorate
Duration of assignment
To be determined by the host institution
Name and email of supervisor
Jamalnaser Sarwary, firstname.lastname@example.org
III. Objectives of Assignment
- Enhance MoPH IT Infrastructure through Developing Complete Action Plans, Operation Plan and Procurement plan in coordination with MoPH IT Directorate.
- Enhance IT Capacity building through Short term courses for MoPH Staff.
IV. Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Main tasks include:
- Rapid Assessment of Current Information Technology Services.
- Designing and planning IT Infrastructure for MoPH Provincial branches and Hospitals.
- Undertakes analysis of well-defined modules within the system, develop new features to strengthen the existing system so as to improve quality of care through IT services
- Lead and contribute to overall project activities as needed in the area of IT.
- Develop Capacity Building Program for MoPH IT Directorate.
- Investigate and utilize new technologies and processes to enhance capabilities and improvements
- Establish and controls quality and quantity standards, procedures and guidelines for design, development, testing, implementation and maintenance of enterprise solutions
- design and expand training and development programmes based on the needs of the organisation and the individual
- Any other tasks given by IT directorate.
The resource person is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Strong capability to plan relevant activities
- written and spoken communication skills that allow you to inform and advise others clearly
- problem-solving and negotiation skills
- initiative and the ability to offer new ideas
- organisational and planning skills to manage your time and to meet deadlines and objectives
- good time-keeping skills to enable you to effectively manage training schedules and other relevant technical tasks
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism
- Follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies
- Meets deadline, cost, and quality requirements for outputs
- Monitors own work to correct errors
- Takes responsibility for meeting commitments and for any shortcomings
- Contributes to colleagues' learning
- Demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills
- Demonstrates interest in acquiring skills relevant to other functional areas
- Keeps abreast of developments in own professional area
- Actively shares relevant information
- Clearly communicates, and listens to feedback on, changing priorities and procedures
Creativity and Initiative
- Proactively develops new ways to resolve problems
Leadership and Negotiation
- Convinces others to share resources
- Presents goals as shared interests
- Provides constructive feedback to colleagues
Planning and Organizing
- Sets clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self and others
- Identifies priority activities and assignments for self and others
- Organizes and documents work to allow for planned and unplanned
- Identifies risks and makes contingency plans
- Masters subject matter related to responsibilities
- Identifies issues, opportunities, and risks central to responsibilities
- Persistent, calm, and polite in the face of challenges and stress
- Treats all colleagues with respect and dignity
- Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team environment
- Contributes to, and follows team objectives
- Gives credit where credit is due
- Seeks input and feedback from others
- Delegates tasks and responsibilities as appropriate
- Actively supports and implements final group decisions
- Takes joint responsibility for team's work
- Learns about developments in available technology
- Proactively identifies and advocates for cost-efficient technology solutions
Personal commitment to improving your own knowledge and skills.
VI. Education and Experience
- Master degree in computer Science.
- At least five 10 years professional practical experience in IT Field.
- English High