After matriculating at Roedean as Gold Prefect, Angel double majored in Economics & English with a BA at UCT. She then spent 7 years working for M&C Saatchi Advertising in London. Angel returned home in 2000 to found Homecoming Revolution and to co-found Morrisjones Advertising where she created the kulula.com brand. Angel was a founding member of the SA Chapter of Entrepreneur’s Organisation and served on the Roedean Board for 6 years.
She sold her advertising business in 2013 and then stepped fulltime into Homecoming Revolution, turning it into a global “brain gain” headhunting firm for Africa. Homecoming Revolution works successfully with many companies across Nigeria, Kenya and South Africa, helping them identify top African diaspora professionals and recruiting them back to their home countries.
Angel’s accolades include
- President Thabo Mbeki State of the Nation address 2004
- Roedean Centenary Keynote 2005
- EY World Entrepreneur Awards finalist 2007
- African Leadership Network New Generation Leader 2011
- TedX Speaker 2016
- SABC/Shoprite Checkers Woman of the Year Award in Media 2004